Monastery of Kassopitra in Kanoni
The Monastery of Kassopitra in Kanoni is situated in Figaretto, in the famous Kanoni of Corfu, inside the . Testimonies of its foundation date back to the beginning of the 18th century and even though it was deserted afterwards, it was bought by the monk Gennadios, who renovated it fundamentally.
Since then the Monastery of Kassopitra in Kanoni and until 1991 was one of the nunneries of Corfu, while then it turned into a male monastery and today it operates as a dependency of the.
The great post-Byzantine icons, the silver vessels and the big, hanging candles, one golden reliquary are among the relics that are kept in the Monastery of Kassopitra in Kanoni.
The Monastery of Kassopitra in Kanoni is celebrated on the 8th of May, the day the Church celebrates the miracle of the blind Stefanos, which according to religious tradition, was committed by Panagia (the Virgin Mary) in Kassiopi of Corfu in 1530.