Sports Club (Proodos)
The sports club of Ithaca “Proodos“ was founded in 1950, originally functioning as a club with a variety of activities, not limited to sports. In 1957 it was converted to a sports club and in 1959 it acquired its own seat, the Municipal Stadium of Ithaca. Significant distinctions in football games, but also in track and field competitions, made the club known in Western Greece: Proodos in 1976 becomes a member of the Union of Football Clubs of Patra and the following year, in 1977, is declared the champion of the Third Amateur League! In 1980, as a champion of the Second Amateur League of Patra, it becomes part of the newly established Union of Football Associations of Kephalonia and Ithaca. Afterwards, Proodos continues with its success, reaching its all time high in 1981, by winning the Cup.
Today “Proodos“ continues its uninterrupted presence in the amateur leagues of the prefecture. It has also set up a children’s football team, children’s sailing teams, that have earned great distinctions, and a women’s volleyball team.