Agioi Apostoloi actually consists of two temples built by chronological distance of about five centuries as the two domes point out. The first one in the eastern part of Agioi Apostoloi with free cross style was built in the late 11th to early 12th century and the second one with cross single- room dome, dates back to the Venetian rule (late 17th to early 18th century).
In the oldest part of Agioi Apostoloi, the visitor can see frescoes dating back from the 16th and 17th century, which are preserved despite the extensive damage because of the earthquake in 1986. Agioi Apostoloi suffered from considerable damage twice in its history: in 1884 when part of the bell collapsed because of a strong earthquake and in 1892 when the Byzantine frescoes were covered by lime.
After the earthquake in 1986, the church of Agioi Apostoloi was restored and took its original form.