Church of Agia Paraskevi
The church of Agia Paraskevi is located in settlement Kato Doloi of Messinian Mani and is 24 km away from the city of Kalamata. It is an imposing, monastery temple of 17th century with double dome and impressive frescoes inside. Doloi of Western Mani is full of Byzantine churches that are now considered monuments due to the excellence of their architecture and hagiography.
The church of Agia Paraskevi was part of a monastery which was destroyed by the Bavarians in 1834. It looks impressive with its elegant lines within the ruins of the once prospering monastery.
The church of Agia Paraskevi is decorated with frescoes of the workshop of the painter Panagiotis Benizelos and they are created in 1698 according to the inscription.
The frescoes of the church of Agia Paraskevi are indicative painting set for both the prevailing trends in the post-Byzantine painting and the way that workshops of local artists, who were occupied with the painting, worked and were organized.