Lilaia, known as Kato Agoriani, is situated at the ancient city Phocean Lilaia, which took its name from one of the Naides, the daughters of the river Kifissos, according to Pausania.
The parts of the walls and towers which have survived until today remind the ancient city of Lilaia, which was one of the most important cities of ancient Phocis. More findings of this area are exposed to the archaeological museum of.
Built at an attitude of 33o meters, in the basin of Boeoticos Kifissos and at a distande of 10km fromand 3km from , Lilaia retains the traditional architecture of Parnassus with small stone houses and paved yards.
A distressing village, Lilaia, which was named Kato Agoriani until 1928, burnt down by the Germans in October 1943, on the occasion of the collection of American pilots injured by villagers and guerillas of ELAS. 150 of 160 houses in total burnt in Lilaia and a total of 11 civilians are executed.
At a short distance from Lilaia are situated the sources of Boeticos Kifissos, in Saint Eleoussa, where there are the ruins of a pre-Christian temple of the Virgin Eleoussa, but also the source Gatsinos and the river Agorianitis which passes near the village and previously gave motion to mills, the ruins of which are existed until today.