Prosilio is the village that lying by the side of, originally called Segditsa.
Today Prosilio is consisted of three settlements:
• at an altitude of 850 meters is Pano Chorio, which is burned by the Italians during the occupation in retaliation for the battle that took place in 1942 very close to Prosilio, at “Mulos” at the.
•at 450 meters is the Viniani, created in 1950 in an effort to migrate damaged Prosilio
•at an altitude of about 1000 meters and at a distance of one mile of the village, around the monastery ofis the third settlement
The chapels of Prosilio have all been recently renovated and waiting for visitors and pilgrims to bring life:
• Agios Christoforos,
• Holy Trinity,
• Ai Giorgis and
• Agios Nikolaos Vounenois, located on the cliff above the fountain of “Ai Voristi” the route to Panw Xwrio.
In the central square of Prosilio is the church of Agia Paraskevi, built in the 19th century and contains a great sample of the hagiographies of the era.
In the square there is also a monument to the fallen of Prosilio during the liberation struggles of the period 1912-1922.
From Prosilio descends the great economist Euthumios Kechagias, who served as president of the National Bank and finance minister in the middle of the 19th century, at the newly established Greek state.
In Viniani, stands out the church of Agios Dimitrios, built in memory of the destruction of the forces of occupation, which was at the day of his celebration.