Agios Georgios is a village near prefecture of Rethymno, approximately 20 km west of .and Zouridi in the
A settlement built at an altitude of 390 meters, Agios Georgios is a beautiful village with few inhabitants and during the Venetian period it was a Venetian village, property of a Venetian noble.
Between this small village and the main road leading from Rethymno to Chania, among olive groves and farmlands, some housing remains can still be seen along with an olive oil mill press stone and three chapels in the area now called Artos, which was destroyed two years after the capture of the city of Rethymno, in 1648, by Hussein Pasha.
In Agios Georgios there is a restored today church of Holy Spirit dating back to the Venetian rule standing in the village cemetery, the ruins of the Byzantine church of Agios Georgios and, next to it, the new church also dedicated to the same saint.
The Agios Georgios is different settlement from the one named Agios Georgios of Armeni.