Chruch of Evaggelistria in Kastro
It is built in 1580 as it is written in marble inscription and is located within the walls of the Castle of Saint George. It was also the Cathedral of the medieval capital of Kefalonia, until it was moved to Argostoli. It is built in a single-aisled basilica style and has carved temple, while the old bell tower still stands and is under restoration.
Every year on the first Sunday after Easter the icon of the Virgin of the Monastery of Sission is transferred here and remains here until the Sunday of the Samaritan Woman.