Monastery of Mother of God of Agrilia in Sami
According to tradition, in the area where the monastery is today, back in 1722, two shepherds and their maid found the miraculous icon of Virgin Mary. All three took the decision to become monks and the monastery was built here. It is a male monastery and celebrates on the Assumption. During the 18th century Kosmas of Aetolia came through, in honor of whom a little church was built within the precincts of the monastery, which is celebrated on August 24th . It is linked to Sami by asphalt road.