Church of Agios Nicolaos in Platsa
The typology of the church leads researchers to the conclusion that it was constructed in 1000 AD and presents numerous archaic elements. This is one of the oldest Byzantine churches in the area that exists until today in very good condition. Marble parts of the second half of the 12th century were used in the temple of the Church of Agios Nicolaos in Platsa.
The Church of Agios Nicolaos in Platsa has now the form of a three-aisled basilica with a dome without a narthex.
The paintings of the Church of Agios Nicholas in Platsa were completed in five different phases. The central arch, the central aisle and the dome are decorated with frescoes dating back from 1337 to 1338 according to an inscription and are donated by Tzaousios Constantinos Spanis and his wife Maria.