The majestic dome and two steeples are visible from any point of , on land and sea, belonging to the church of Agios Nikolaos, the patron saint of the city.
Current Agios Nikolaos of Galaxidi is a building since 1902, from the 7th century but there was at the point Christian church, while are discovered ruins of an ancient temple. The temple is carved in wood, of walnut, sample of exceptional technique, which took ten years to be completed (1840-1850). It is attributed by some to the famous Anastasios Moschos from Metsovo, while the tradition mentions that the temple of Agios Nikolaos is the “work of Mastro-Nikolas”. It consists of 12 pieces that are separated in the middle of the Great Gate.
In Agios Nikolaos of Galaxidi, you can admire the countless oblations of sailors to the saint. In one of the two steeples, we see the Great Clock of Galaxidi, donation since 1908. Agios Nikolaos, the patron of sailors, is the patron saint of Galaxidi, of maritime state. Every year on 6th of December, on the same the day of its celebration, takes place a Litany, which is attended by locals and visitors.