Folklore Museum of Galaxidi
The Folklore Museum of Galaxidi is housed since 1989 in the Mansion Angeli, in the district Chirolakas of the . It includes folk art objects, utensils and tools, embroidery, textiles, traditional costumes of exceptional rarity and rich photographic material from the daily life in Galaxidi, during last century.
The building itself of the Folklore Museum of Galaxidi is an element of history in the city. It belongs to the first mansions that have been built here, strict, simple lines, with magnificent details that highlight the wealth of the owner, such as the carved stone that has been used for the openings for doors and windows. For more than a century, the building that now houses the Folklore Museum of Galaxidi was used as the house of the family Angeli. It was donated to the municipality in 1955 by the descendants of the first owner, the Admiral Panagiotis Angelis (1814 to 1897). Originally it housed the Naval Secondary School of the town, while from 1989 to its halls are hosted the relics of the Folklore Museum of Galaxidi.
+30 22650 41910
By the address Admiral Angelis