The village of Argoulio is approximately 9 km far from prefecture of Rethymno and almost 60 km southeast of the .of the
At an altitude of 420 meters, the Argoulio village lies in the northeastern part of the prefecture, on the northern slopes of the mountain.
The history of the village Argoulio starts around 1304, during the Venetian rule. It was where the Venetians built a large house, where some rich family would live. Moreover, they constructed an olive mill that was called Argoulidi, which the village was named after. Near Argoulio, in the settlement ofthere is nice mansion of Venetian architecture but, unfortunately, other buildings from that period have not survived.
Today, Argoulio counts approximately 75 permanent residents, who maintain the traditions of their land from generation to generation. There are two churches in the settlement, the church of Agia Paraskevi, built in 14th century and distinguished by its frescoes, and the church of Panagia, built in 1950 and reconstructed by the locals shortly before it was destructed. There is a huge feast held annually on the day of the Virgin Mary the Pentecost (a feast commemorating the descent of the Holy Spirit upon the Apostles and other followers of Jesus Christ).