Chalevi (Halevi) monastery
The Chalevi (Halevi) monastery in Rethymno perfecture is located about 12 south of , on the way to and .
One of the many monasteries that existed during the 16th and 17th centuries in the region of Rethymno, the Chalevi (Halevi) monastery operated during the period of Ottoman occupation and for a long time it was patriarchal, directly managed by the Patriarch.
In 1900 it was dissolved and became a glebe of theand in 1991 it was annexed to the (Saint Irene). Today, the only remaining building is the large single-nave church of the Assumption of the Virgin, dedicated to the Virgin Mary and dated from the 1864. From the buildings around the church, we now can witness only ruins suggesting the existence of a fortress complex and revealing elements from Cretan architecture.
Apart from the main church of the Chalevi (Halevi) monastery, the rest monastic buildings are dilapidated.