On the road leading to the village of prefecture of Rethymno, the Lampini village lies, located approximately 25 km from the between the settlements of and .of the
Built at an altitude of 460 meters, the Lampini village is famous for its wonderful climate. The permanent residents of the village, who are more than 100, are mainly engaged in agriculture and animal husbandry.
The most probable version of the origins of the name of Lampini village is associated with the church of Panagia Lampini, with a characteristic fresco of the Virgin, bearing the inscription: “The Lampini”.
Historically, Lampini is known for its Holocaust. Specifically, on January 20, 1829, the villagers were inside the church, unaware, and watched the liturgy, when the Turks attacked them and, after having massacred all the men, burned them, while the women and children were sold into slavery.
Moreover, a major figure of the revolution of 1821 was a nun doctor from Lampini, called Magdalene, who treated the sick and the wounded.
North of the village of Lampini a modern shooting range operates, while at the entrance there is a stadium facility for 5X5.