Moundros is a village in the central part of the prefecture of Rethymno located on the old road leading to Chania, approximately 24 km southwest of the .
The settlement has been there at least since 1500, as it is mentioned in all the 16th and 17th centuries Venetian censuses.
Built at an altitude of 290 meters, with about 200 permanent inhabitants, the village of Moundros is divided into two neighborhoods, the Panochori and Katohori, and in each one there is a hydrant.
The parish church of Agios Nikolaos, the church of Agios Konstantinos and the church of Agioi Anargiroi of 11th century are the most important religious attractions of the village.
In Pera Moundros area there are the springs of Kominovrysi and Halasé. For the nature lovers, west of the settlement, there is the Moundriano Gorge, 2.5 kilometers in length, ending near the village Velonado. The high cliffs of the canyon are habitat for vultures. There is a descending well-shaped path leading to the river, which is full-flowing for the most part of the year. The canyon is full of towering plane trees and the river forms many ponds along its course.