Olive Museum in Kapsaliana
The Olive Museum in Kapsaliana is located in the homonymous village of Rethymno prefecture, about 18 kilometers southeast of the city of .
Featuring the long and close relationship of the region and the whole Crete with olives and olive oil, the Olive Museum in Kapsaliana is housed in the restored spaces of olive oil press mill, which operated in theand was built in 1763 by the abbot Filaretos.
The Olive Museum in Kapsaliana is located in the center of a residential complex, of high cultural value, and of its historic olive grove. The building complex, which is an exhibit itself, consists of the cell of the monk, the area where the production was made, built in 1763 and remained in operation until the early 20th century and the monastery storage place.
The Folklore Center has the scientific custody of Olive Museum in Kapsalianá.