Perama is a village of the prefecture of Rethymno and the capital of the Mylopotamos province, located shortly after the Dafnedes village, approximately 25 km far from the .
To the east, the lowland village of Perama, is embraced by the blue beach ofthat, according to the locals, starts flowing at the mountain of and ends up in .
The village was called by the name Perama because it is a natural passage to and from the villages of the province of. Also, in the area there is an old bridge connecting the settlements of and .
The Perama village has been inhabited since 400 years ago, but got burnt by the Turks in 1647. During the Venetian rule it had been mentioned as Vasiliko (=Regal) Perama and, according to the local history, the most bloodlust Turks had lived there and the locals would call it the Pore of Satan. Since then, bronze cult figures were found in the village area, but were not further investigated.
Today in Perama, many public services and shops are concentrated and there is also a sports center with a playing field. In the center of the settlement the church of Agios Georgios (St. George) emerges and few kilometers away the church of Agios Drakonas (St. Drakonas) lies.