Chrysiida (Chrysida for the locals) is a village situated by a lake in the south-western part of the Kinopiastes had their fields and their huts. This changed in 1785 when the church of Agia Kiriaki was built and it began to develop as a settlement. The main occupation was vine-growing but, olive trees and other crops were cultivated as well. During the last centuries, the region also cultivated the Wild strawberry of Chrysiida which continues to be cultivated here but, in smaller quantities.. Its location favored the agricultural cultivation, even from the 13th century, as it is written in scriptures. At first, Chrysiida was the region where, the inhabitants of
Today Chrysiida does not look like a rural settlement because the intense construction has altered the land. The area of the church of Agia Kiriaki is the center of the village and nearby you will find, below the asphalt, the bridge which was built during the English occupation and under which, flows the small river of Chrysiida.