Lagos is a large settlement of Evros, approximately in the center of the prefecture, 15 kilometers northwest of Didymoteicho. Near the village, there are camps of the Greek army.
Lagos was inhabited in 1992 when a group of refugees from the villages of Malkotsi, Makra Gefyra and Tsali of Eastern Thrace settled at “Taousan – Kuru”, which means “Forest of the Rabbit”. There, the Refugee Settlement Commission built their settlement, which today has the name Lagos. The area, smooth and forested as it has abundant bushes and grass, has been shelter for many rabbits. The settlement of refugees was completed in 1928.
The church of Lagos, Saint Demetrius was built in 1937. The refugees, in a short time, built a school as well. According to information from Lagos, the parents of students worked nonstop for two weeks and prepared on their own, offering the materials as well, the building for their children to be educated.