Agios Nikolaos is one of the villages of inland Kefalonia, is built at an altitude of 280 meters and situated on the edge of the former municipality Sami with Eleiou-Pronwn. Today, the village administratively belongs to the city section Eleiou-Pronwn, which covers the southeastern part of Kefalonia. Agios Nikolaos is one of the villages that has been completely destroyed by the earthquake of 1953 and was built from the beginning.
The green valley around Agios Nikolaos, makes the village look tucked in nature and greenery, small houses stand out from its bright red tiled roofs, with their courtyards and streets tidy, ready to welcome visitors. Most arrive as here to visit one of the most impressive sights of nature on the island: Lake Avythos, which is very close to this. It is the only lake of the island and currently supplies water to a large area. The landscape is beautiful, and its lush vegetation makes the water look green!
Agios Nikolaos has 96 permanent residents. It is located on the road that connects Sami with Poros and crosses a large part of mainland Kefalonia – a beautiful ride through the green and the mountains, passing through beautiful villages: Grizata, Purgi, Digaleto and others.
Agios Nikolaos is located 6 km from the port of Poros.