The village of Kotronia is located within the protected area of the Dadia Forest. It is about 15 kilometers from the Soufli and has few houses and very few inhabitants.
The old residents of Kotronia settled here in 1922, coming from the village of Sourgas of Eastern Thrace. At the time of the Civil War, the inhabitants left the village and settled in Soufli. During the decade 1955-1965 some came back, but the massive immigration of the time affected Kotronia, leaving very few people living today in the beautiful village.
Kotronia is built in one of the most beautiful natural landscapes of Greece, an area where nature surrounds crowds of wildlife, mainly avifauna. Although Dadia is the village from which excursions and tours in the forest start, it is worth passing through Kotronia and see by close how really life is in nature, even in the 21st century.