Holy Monastery of Saint John the Theologian

The Holy Monastery of Saint John the Theologian (also known as the Divine) is a male monastery of Evros that was founded in 1989. It is located in Aetochori of Traianoupolis, about 11 kilometers away from Alexandroupolis. The katholikon (major church building) of the monastery is three-cornered, of Byzantine style and hosts an icon of Panagia of 1786 and one of Jesus, of the 18th century as well. Both were donated to the Holy Monastery of Saint John the Theologian by its founder, the then Bishop Anthimos of Alexandroupolis (now of Thesalloniki).

In the Holy Monastery of Saint John the Theologian, there are also parts of the relics of the Five Neo-martyrs of Samothrace, of Saint Charalambos and Saint Panteleimon.

The Holy Monastery of Saint John the Theologian celebrates three times; on May 8, the day of commemoration of the saint, on September 26, the day of his Repose and on the Sunday of all Saints, as from 2003 in the monastery there is a Church in honor of all the Thracian Saints.

Among the auxiliary premises of the Holy Monastery of Saint John the Theologian there is also a conference center, where there have already been organized several international symposia.

Anthimio Church and Cultural Center, Plataion and Amfipoleos Streets, 68100, Alexandroupolis (For the Holy Monastery of Saint John the Theologian)

2551051315 fax: 2551051244