Philharmonic of Kato Korakiana
The Philharmonic of Kato Korakiana was founded in 1982 and was named Philharmonic «Gerasimos Markoras» in honor of the great Corfiot poet who had relatives in Kato Korakiana and lived there for many years and founded the first school of the village in 1854. The Philharmonic of Kato Korakiana has had a noteworthy and remarkable course in the field of music. Its first appearance was in the village in 1984. And its first official appearance in the city of Corfu was on Palm Sunday in 1987. It is the second philharmonic which, operated in the region after the which, resides in Ano Korakiana.