Philharmonic Academy of Kefalonia

The Philharmonic Academy of Kefalonia was founded in 1838 and is among the oldest of the country. It is non- profit organization and currently has more than 200 students.

The Philharmonic Academy of Kefalonia was among those which had participated in the opening ceremony of the first modern Olympic Games in Athens, in 1896, and by the conductor, then, Francesco Nicolini. Dionysius Lavragas, from the most important Greek authors was also bandmaster and conductor of the Academy. Mikis Theodorakis delivers his first sounds in his childhood on the island in the famous Philharmonic Academy of Kefalonia.

In the Philharmonic Academy of Kefalonia is belonged the Conservatory of Argostoli  “Rokkos Vergotis”, founded in 1988 and has faculties of piano, violin, guitar, flute (flute), accordion and percussion. There are also taught theoretical studies of harmony, counterpoint, and flight instrumentation. The educational faculty in the Philharmonic Academy of Kefalonia has 12 teachers.

The neoclassical building which houses the Philharmonic Academy of Kefalonia is on Avenue of Radicals , in Argostoli . It has a concert hall and lecture, while here are realized the lessons of the Conservatory and the rehearsals of the band.

 

Philharmonic Academy of Kefalonia / Conservatory of Argostoli “Rokkos Vergotis”

Radicals 15

Tel – fax: 26710-25946.

Mobile tel: 6944-243374

Most Popular